Ghostpatrol professes to being a self taught artist. Starting out with stencils and street art his current fancies focus on ambitious installations and painting projects. He states his work often references childhood nostalgia alongside pop culture with sometimes sinister, sometimes playful undertones.
He’s explored a number of different mediums from fine inks, pasted posters, soft sculpture, watercolours and printmaking. His work taking inspiration from hybrid animals and forests.
Born in Hobart he currently resides in Melbourne, Australia working from his ‘Mitten Fortress’ studios. INDIGITS were grateful for his ‘time out’ to answer the A8…
1. What would you say is the most important theme in your work?
Changes in the cosmos!
2. What’s most inspiring to your working process?
Being surrounded by inspiring people
3. Have you any strange talents that influence the work you produce or the way you produce it?
Strange? No, I’m a bit boring maybe.
4. Which artist of the past would you resurrect to collaborate with and why?
Unnamed pre-humans for cave art and rock carving.
5. Do you think your work is understood or misinterpreted and why?
That’s a big question, i’m not sure i really understand my work. Let’s just say ‘I’m working on it’ – misinterpretations can be good and bad.
6. If you could decorate one place in the world what would it be and how would you do it?
I’d love to design and build the perfect treehouse.
7. What to date has been your ‘cherry on the cake’ moment and what was it that got you there?
My squirrel brush
8. What we ask everyone! Does your artistic style influence your underwear?
More info www.ghostpatrol.net
Artwork courtesy ©Ghostpatrol